The ONYX Bar doesn’t mind if you’re starting out your night, in the middle of it, or kicking on after a show. Located in the centre of Wrest Point Tasmania, with fabulous water views, this is a meeting place with style. Whether you’re in a ball gown or keen to sit back with beer, bar food and your favourite AFL team on the mega screen, ONYX is your destination.
With full TOTE service area and a bar food menu starting from $10.50, gather up some mates for an afternoon of fun. There are few sports bars in Hobart that boast such water views – even fewer bars in Hobart can transition between sophistication and sporting banter with ease. Whether you’re heading out for giggles over champagne or fist pumping sports action, ONYX is your place.
Bar menu available from 12pm to 9pm daily. Click here to view menu.
ONYX is open from 11am Monday to Friday, and 10am Saturday and Sunday until late.
Catch all the cricket action in ONYX Bar
Click Here to view the broadcast schedule.
Cricket Food Menu Specials:
- Cricket Stump Dogs $9
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza $14
Wrest Point Loves World Cup Cricket
And we’re helping you get there to watch it
Catch the ferry from Wrest Point to Bellerive. $5 per person - one way. You can return to Wrest Point or the city via the free bus service outside the Blundstone Arena entrance.
Click here for book online with Navigators ferry service.
- Saturday 7 March 2015 - Zimbabwe V Ireland
- Wednesday 11 March 2015 - Sri Lanka V Scotland
- Saturday 14 March 2015 - Australia V Scotland
Departing Wrest Point on the above dates at:
- 11am (arrive Bellerive at approximately 11:20am)
- 12.20pm (arrive Bellerive at approximately 12:40pm)
- 1.40pm (arrive Bellerive at approximately 2pm)
- 3pm (arrive Bellerive at approximately 3:20pm)
ONYX Bar Cricket Triva
- Who are the current men's ICC World Cup holders? a: India
- From which South Australian town does Australia coach Darren Lehmann hail? a: Gawler
- In which year and month was Australia last ranked No 1 in men's Test cricket? a: August 2009
- How many one-day international wickets did Shane Warne take? a: 293
- How many test centuries did champion batsmen Sir Donald Bradman score in his short 52 test career from 1928 to 1948? a: 29
- Which two Australian batsmen, saved Australia from defeat at Hobart in 1999 against Pakistan, with a remarkable 238 run sixth wicket partnership? a: Jusitn Langer & Adam Gilchrist
- Who was the Hobart Hurricanes inaugural head coach? a: Ali de Winter
- Which cricket club did captain George Bailey start with before joining the state team? a: South Launceston Cricket Club