Wrest Point has a reputation for excellence and is an Employer of Choice. Wrest Point is a true premium resort experience offering relaxation by day and extensive dining and entertainment options by night, leaving our customers feeling energised, engaged and rejuvenated.
At Wrest Point, we are committed to providing individually tailored careers and the prospect for our people to further develop their skills for the future. We provide the growth and development opportunities our people need to succeed in their chosen career pathway.
Our business is large, but our people are down to earth, friendly, warm and engaging. Our team is passionate about creating exceptional hospitality and entertainment experiences for our customers.
There are a broad range of positions available depending on your interests and aspirations.
We employ positions within:
- Business Support (Human Resources, Marketing, Administration, Accounts, Finance, IT, Procurement)
- Food and Beverage* (Restaurants, Bars, Conferencing)
- Front Office (Guest Services, Night Audit, Reception, Reservations)
- Gaming* (Tables, Electronic)
- Kitchens (Chefs, Kitchen Attendants)
- Maintenance (Trades, Non-Trades)
*Please note that these positions require current national certification in Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB201) or Responsible Conduct of Gaming (SITHGAM201) prior to commencement of employment
We are a privately owned company and the founding Farrell family see our employees as the heart of our business. Our core values of respect, integrity, teamwork and passion are how we work and behave – much more than words. We believe if you have the right attitude and the same values as us, we can teach you the rest. These values are central to all our programs, activities and opportunities at Country Club Tasmania.
We treat others as they would like to be treated
Showing consideration for one another
Welcoming different viewpoints
Responding with empathy
Seeking mutually beneficial interactions
We deliver nothing less than our best
Making positive contributions
Thriving on setting high standards
Going beyond job descriptions
Taking pride in representing our company
We always follow through on our promises
Assuming personal responsibility
Committing to leaving behind a strong legacy
Letting accomplishments speak for themselves
Building relationships based on trust
Stronger together than we are as individuals
Supporting and encouraging each other
Celebrating team success as much as personal
Helping each other to fulfill our potential
Engaging positively with our communitie
Country Club is part of Federal Group – a multi award winning privately owned company. Established by Greg Farrell Snr, Federal Group initially began in Victoria in 1885 and is the world’s second oldest hotel group. The Federal Group is now run by Greg Farrell Snr’s five children. The company has expanded significantly in the past 40 years, including the opening of Country Club amongst other properties in Tasmania. Our business is a fantastic Tasmanian success story with the Farrell Family’s continued commitment to Tasmania and to their employees now spanning five decades.
Wrest Point is proud to be an Employer of Choice and some of the reasons it is a great place to work are:
- a beautiful location
- wonderful, friendly staff
- above award wages and excellent employment conditions
- paid parental leave
- additional two days’ paid carers leave for permanent employees
- income protection for eligible employees
- free secure car parking
- free laundered uniform or dry-cleaning for eligible employees
- free meals in a fully serviced staff cafe
- discounts for a wide range of internal and external products and services
- reward and recognition program
- employee assistance program
- years of service awards
ADVICE WHEN APPLYING
Every one of our employees plays a crucial part of the vibrant Country Club experience.
We want to ensure that we select the best people who have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service where lasting memories are created.
When applying for any position, it is an opportunity for you to tell us your story, your experience, qualifications and what you can bring to the Country Club experience. Below are some general tips to assist you with your application.
Your cover letter
This is your opportunity to tell us why you want the position, what you will bring to the position and why you think you will be a good team fit at the Country Club. We also want to hear your story, to fill in any gaps in your resume or to explain your career moves.
You should also address the position’s selection criteria and don’t forget to include your contact details.
Remember, this is your opportunity to make a positive first impression on the Recruiter along with your resume.
Ensure your resume is tailored to the position you are applying for and that you can demonstrate you have the skills and experience to be considered for the role. Be proud of your achievements and list these in your resume.
Where possible, explain any gaps in time in your resume and make sure your contact details are accurate and up to date, especially for referees if you have listed them. If you are listing referees, ideally we are seeking two professional referees as a direct supervisor/manager/owner.
Your resume should be a reflection of who you are, so feel free to include your voluntary experience, outside interests and hobbies.
Attending your interview
Before attending your interview, research the company and the role you have applied for. You should find information on our website and you may know friends or family who work at Wrest Point. You may wish to visit Wrest Point before your interview, to ensure you know where to go and gain an understanding of your potential new working environment.
Our general recruitment process may cover all or some of the below steps:
- Review application submitted and supporting documents
- Phone screening with shortlisted applicants
- Individual Interview or Assessment Centre (group interview)
- Follow up interview (if required)
- Testing/Online Assessments
- Pre-employment checks
Meeting with a recruiter is your opportunity to create a positive first impression. Consider how you present yourself, including the way you dress and your body language. All of our positions require either a uniform or business attire to be worn at all times.
Please bring the following to your interview:
- 100 points of identification (drivers licence/proof of age card and Birth Certificate or Passport will be sufficient). In addition to supplying the necessary identification, (where relevant) a candidate will need to provide evidence that they have a legal entitlement to work in Australia.
- Qualification documents and certificates relevant to the position (e.g. RSA, RCG).
- Recent professional reference details (preferably supervisors/managers from a current employer – minimum 2 references).
- A list of questions that you may have in relation to the role, department or the business.
- A copy of your resume for you to refer to; or provide the Recruiter with an updated version.
During the interview, we ask a series of behavioural based interview questions that focus on the core competency areas of the position. You will be required to provide examples of experiences where you have demonstrated these behaviours. You will have the opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the position and to ask your own questions of the interviewers!
Always allow sufficient travel time so you can arrive early and then relax! If you are unable to make your interview on time, please contact us.